Over the past (18) years, the Richmond County Board of Education has been involved in a very aggressive Building Program. This was needed to relieve overcrowding in our schools through major renovations, expansions and facility upgrades. Currently, we are in Phase IV of the Bond Building Program. The program, with involvement from the Board, Administrative Planning Committee, and the Community Oversight Committee, continues to be extremely successful! Many thanks to our community for voting and passing SPLOST!
NEW AND REPLACEMENT SCHOOLS
· New PK-8 School on Dyess Parkway
· Replacement Wheeless Road Elementary School (PK-5)
· Replacement Sego—Rollins Campus PK-8
EXPANSIONS & RENOVATIONS
· Academy of Richmond County Renovations—18 classroom addition, general renovations, auditorium renovations and additional parking.
· Butler High School—General renovations, A/C second gym, fields and sitework
· Cross Creek High School—Second gymnasium and HVAC renovations
· Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School—6 classroom addition (grades 6—8) and specialty classroom addition—general renovations, auditorium renovation and roofing.
· Glenn Hills High School—General renovations and A/C second gym
· Hephzibah High School—Performance Gymnasium and Specialty Performance Theater*
· A.R. Johnson Magnet School—6 classroom addition (Grades 6—8) and additional parking for Auditorium
· T.W. Josey High School—HS—CTAE replacement Addition, HS baseball and softballs fields. MS— Multi-purpose, MS fields.
· Lucy C. Laney High School—General renovations and A/C second gymnasium
· Westside High School—Specialty Performance Theater*
· C.T. Walker Elementary School—General renovations
· Garrett Elementary School—2 Specialty classroom addition
· Terrace Manor Elementary School—General renovations
· Warren Road Elementary School—6 classroom addition
Acquiring textbooks, technology (hardware and software), and acquiring school buses and other vehicles for the safety, security and maintenance of the school facilities. Replacing furniture, fixtures and equipment at schools throughout the School System.
· Increase Pay-As-You-Go from $25.5M to $30M
· A. Brian Merry Elementary School—General Renovations
· Turf Fields for the following schools
- Westside High School
- Lucy C. Laney High School
- Cross Creek High School
- Turf Field #4—School TBD