Tutt Middle School Health & P.E. Department
School Phone: 706-737- 7288
I. COURSE DESCRIPTION
Explores the mental, physical and social aspects of life and how each contributes to total health and well-being. Emphasizes safety, nutrition, mental health, substance abuse prevention, disease prevention, environmental health, family life education, health careers, consumer health , and community health.
The student will participate in all class activities
The student will demonstrate and apply the knowledge specific to health & wellness.
The student will always practice good behavior and cooperation
1) RESPECT is the number one rule in Health Class. The students will respect his/her self and others.
2) The student is required to purchase a Spiral Notebook, to be used as his/her Health Portfolio. In any color of your choosing.
3) The student is required to maintain a neat and organized Health Portfolio, complete with Chapter Terms and Journal Topics.
4) The student shall complete all daily work assignments as outlined by the instructor.
5) Gum, Candy, Snacks or food of any kind is not permitted in class.
6) Absolutely NO CELL PHONES are permitted to be used during the school day.
7) Excused Absences: All missed assignments will be made up the last week of the 9 weeks class session.
8) Unexcused Absences: Any assignments missed due to unexcused absence from class will be made up the last week of the 9 weeks class session.
- Daily Work/ Projects……………………….... . . . . . . . . . . 60%
- Quizzes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40%
V. WRITING IN EXPLORATORY
On occasion, students will participate in reading/writing exercises pertaining to Health subjects PERTINENT TO THEIR LIVES. The Writing exercises will be designed to help reinforce lessons or units current to the class. It is an important objective of TMS to help students strive to be competent in written communication skills. Writing exercises will be evaluated as part of Participation & Portfolio.
Student Printed Name: ______________________________________ Period_______
Student Signature: ___________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Printed Name ___________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature ___________________________________________________
Telephone Number (Day): ___________________________________________________
NOTE: RETURN: (A-Day ) (B-Day ) to RECEIVE A 100 for a QUIZ GRADE.
If not returned on the mandated date a grade of zero will be given.