July 31, 1783 - ARC founded
April 12, 1785 - ARC officially opened at the Bay Street location.
1785 - William Rogers of Maryland appointed as Richmond's first master
May 19, 1791 - President George Washington visited the Academy.
1798-1802 - The Academy closed until the Telfair Street building was completed. On November 1, 1802, The Academy reopened.
1863-1865 - The building was used as a military hospital for the Confederate wounded. Classes were moved across the street to the old Richmond County Courthouse.
1865-1867 - Union troops used the building as headquarters.
1867 - The Academy was returned to the Trustees.
January 1, 1868 - The Academy was reopened by Colonel George W. Rains who had managed the Confederate powder mill during the war.
1882 - A military department was established for the first time by Captain J. O. Clarke. This lasted until 1884.
1898 - The military department was revived under Major George P. Butler who became the Commandant.
1904 - The school became fully accredited.
1926 - The school moved to its present location on Baker Avenue.
1928 - The Musketeer first edition of the school newspaper.
1950 - Females first attended the school.
1952 - The vocational building was added to the school.
1983 - The new library wing was added.
1998-2001 Building renovated and upgraded. Electrical system and wiring now support networked computers in classrooms.
- 2001 - Auditorium renovated.
- 2008-2009 - The new wing (IB wing) was added.
- 2010 - New track added.
- 2011- Frank Inman Field dedicatio
First Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
The Senior cafe named for Principal Tim Spivey - The Carl T. Spivey Cafe
- 2012 - First Female Principal named (Dr. Malinda Cobb)
New Football Scoreboard installed
- 2014 - The bell refinished and hung in the football stadium
ARC Historical Museum built in Library Media Center