Vision, Mission, & Beliefs
Vision: The vision of the Goshen Elementary School Counseling Program is for all students to develop academic, career, social, and personal strengths that will enable them to be high school graduates who are college and career ready and prepared to be productive and successful students and citizens throughout their lives.
Mission: The mission of the Goshen Elementary School Counseling Program is to provide comprehensive and developmentally-appropriate counseling services to all students. We achieve this by focusing on the needs and interests of students while incorporating invaluable input from teachers, administrators, parents, and other stakeholders. We strive to enhance students’ academic, career, social, and personal development so that they become lifelong learners and productive citizens in a global society.
Beliefs: The school counselor believes that…
- education is the shared responsibility of the student, home, school, and community.
- all students can learn.
- students should be recognized for their individuality.
- all students have worth and have the right to be served by a full-time, professional school counselor.
- the school counseling program is an integral part of the total success of Goshen Elementary School.
- the school counseling program is a planned, coordinated, and evaluated effort by the school counselor with input from students, teachers, administrators, parents, and other stakeholders.
- the ethical standards of the American School Counseling Association are non-negotiable and pivotal to the school counseling program.
- needs assessments, student performance data, and other relevant data must be analyzed to continually guide and improve the school counseling program.