School Council Minutes
October 13, 2015
1) Mr. McClintock called the meeting to order. He introduced the member of the school council and gave a background on each. Members in attendance: Marla Choice (Kroger), Steven Kendrick (Tax Commissioner, Augusta Richmond County), Audrey Lampkin (Parent), Brandon May (Pastor, Elluminate Church), Brian Hadden (Assistant Principal), Nikia Johnson (Teacher)
2) Mr. McClintock discussed the role and responsibility of the school council. He went over a PowerPoint presentation outlining the function, responsibilities and limitations of the school council.
3) Mr. McClintock gave an update concerning CCRPI. There were a number of questions from the council regarding the CCRPI number and how it would be calculated. Mr. McClintock and Mr. Hadden went into great detail about the CCRPI calculations and how they were going to be calculated differently this year. Mr. McClintock did state that the CCRPI number should be released in the very near future.
4) Title 1 was discussed by Mr. McClintock as well. Again there were a number of concerns regarding being designated a Title 1 school. What did that mean to our school? How much money will we get? Why are we designated Title 1?
Mr. McClintock answered the questions but also explained that we will be having Title 1 meetings once a month to explain the functions of Title 1 and how the money is being used. He also stated that he would have the parent facilitator come to the next meeting in January to answer any questions more in depth.
5) No new business was discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 pm.