Test Taking Tips
Before the Test:
- Get plenty of rest the night before, preferably 8-10 hours of sleep
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the test. Avoid sugary cereals, pastries, and sodas.
- On the day of the test, arrive at school on time & wear comfortable clothes
- Have your materials (e.g., pencils, erasers) ready
- Relax & tell yourself that you can do it!
- Have a positive attitude
During the Test:
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Listen to & read all of the directions
- Read each question carefully
- Read all of the answer choices before you select an answer
- Pace yourself. Work quickly & carefully, but don't rush - it's not a race!
- If you have extra time, go back & check your answers
- Don't worry if you don't finish all of the questions before your time is up. On other sections, be sure to use your time wisely.
After the Test:
- Give yourself a round of applause!
- Remember, what really counts is if you worked hard & did your best
- If you feel like you didn't do your best, make a plan for how you can do better next time