Test Taking Tips
Before the Test:
- Get plenty of rest the night before, preferably 8-10 hours of sleep.
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the test; avoid sugary cereals, pastries, and sodas.
- On the day of the test, arrive at school on time and wear comfortable clothes.
- Have your materials ready (like your pencils and erasers).
- Relax and tell yourself that you can do it!
- Have a positive attitude!
During the Test:
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Listen to and read all of the directions.
- Read each question carefully.
- Read all of the answer choices before you select an answer.
- Pace yourself. Work quickly and carefully, but don't rush because tests aren't races!
- If you have extra time, then go back and check your answers.
- Don't worry if you don't finish all of the questions before your time is up. In other sections, be sure to use your time wisely.
After the Test:
- Give yourself a round of applause!
- Remember, what really counts is if you worked hard and did your best.
- If you feel like you didn't do your best, then make a plan for how you can do better next time.