Here are some helpful sites that will provide plenty of practice throughout the course of the year. I will also post more specific tutorials and guided practices alongside any review material that I have access to with each unit that we cover.
- Remind : "Remind" is an automated electronic system that I use to send out communications to parents and students. Homework and announcements are made almost daily through the application. Please click on the link to create an account and sign up for my class. You can also opt to participate in receiving announcements via text messages. The application also allows for students and parents to contact me in real-time, so any questions or concerns can be addressed almost immediately.
- Khan Academy : Video tutorials and math practices are available on this page; just search for the topic we are covering and follow along
- HRW Online Textbook : The online version of the class textbook (Go Math!). The complete book can be utilized and accessed online, along with interactive modules that supplement each topic. Homework and course interventions/assessments are periodically assigned through this site. Student accounts are the same as their I-Ready login information
- I-Ready : Students will complete progressive lessons through self-paced learning modules catered to their individual needs based on periodic growth monitoring. It is recommended that students spend at least 45 minutes per week completing lessons to supplement their development in math skills.
- Achieve3000 : Students will complete articles and lessons to help strengthen their comprehension skills while reading independently. This will help build their literacy skills while investigating content-related topics.
- Cool Math : A great resource to get extra help and practice with the topics covered this year. Check out what's available under the Pre-Algebra and Algebra tabs.
- Coolmath4kids : Another helpful site that practices fundamental math skills (adding, subtracting, fractions, etc.). Quizzes and games are available to make learning and practicing math just a little more fun :)