Unit 1 - Quadratics Revisited
Classwork 9.28: click here
Classwork 10.2 : click All Methods of Solving Quadratics PDF.pdf
Learning Targets & Priority Standards
- I can write complex numbers in the form a+ bi with a and b being real numbers.
- I can recognize that the commutative, associative, and distributive properties extend to the set of complex numbers over the operations of addition and multiplication.
- I can use the relation i2= -1 to simplify.
- I can find the conjugate of a complex number; use the conjugate to find the quotient of complex numbers.
- I can solve quadratic equations that have complex solutions.
- I can extend polynomial identities to the complex numbers.
- I can determine whether the solution of a quadratic equation will be real or complex.
- I can find real solutions to quadratic equations in one variable using multiple methods and justify my solution method.
- I can describe the relationship between rational exponents and radicals.
- I can rewrite expressions that contain radicals and/or rational exponents using the properties of exponents.