It is recommended that kindergarten grade students set aside a minimum of 20 minutes per day for homework on a regularly scheduled basis (for example, 4:30 – 4:50 every day). During this period of time, we suggest that the students choose one or more of the following activities, depending on individual needs and assignments:
· read silently or orally
· practice using spelling and sight vocabulary words in speaking and writing
· practice math facts (make flashcards; find problems to solve)
· complete school assignments (watch for papers that come home with “Please finish” or “Homework” written on them;
these should be completed and returned to school)
· work on special projects or reports (you will receive information on criteria and due dates for all assigned projects)
· practice printing letters and numbers
· write a story or letter (to Grandma or a friend, for instance)
· practice I-Ready in math and reading
The regular homework time is important to establish now, when your child is young. He or she will need your help in finding the best time for your household and in remembering to use the agreed-upon time each day.
Graded papers will go home on Wenesday of each week. Please have your child complete and return any incomplete work on Thursday.