What We are Learning
This Week: 24 Feb.
- 3.G.1 - Understand that different shapes can share attributes.
- Students will be able to name and identify different lines. (line segment, parallel, perpendicular, and intersecting).
- Students will be able to name and identify different angles (Right, acute, obtuse).
- Line segment
- Right angle
- Obtuse angle
- Acute angle
- Parallel lines
- Intersecting lines
- Perpendicular lines
Problem Solving Strategy
This is the plan we use in class.
1. Circle the question - we need to understand what we are trying to find out.
2. Underline important information - not just the numbers, we have to know why these numbers are important so this means words too.
3. Choose a strategy
- number line
4. Check - "Does my answer make sense?"
Here are some examples of what we do in class.