Grading Policies and Procedures
Please refer to the syllabus
** Homework will be assigned every night!
Exams and Quizzes:
All exams will be announced 1 week in advance. Quizzes will be both announced and unannounced for purpose of checking students understanding of the topics.
If you are absent...
If you are absent, it is your responsibility to ask a classmate or teacher for the class notes and assignment(s) you missed. It is also your responsibility to hand in any missed assignments the day after you return. Ask at least 3 classmates for his or her phone number and record them in your agenda.
At the beginning of period:
- Enter the classroom calmly, silently, and PREPARED!
- Have previous night’s homework out and ready to be checked.
- Put the appropriate heading on your paper.
- Copy the “learning objective” into your notebook.
- Start working on “problem of the day”.
At the end of the period:
- This is the time to copy your homework if you haven’t already done so.
- Please throw out any garbage left behind on the floor or desks on your way out.
- Be on time to class
- Come prepared to class everyday with all necessary materials (including HW!)
- Listen to teacher’s instructions
- NO electronics, cellphones, i-pods. Unless notated by teacher for instructional purposes.
- NO drinks or food permitted
- Treat everyone and everything with respect
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- Raise your hand and wait your turn to share answers
- Listen thoughtfully to your classmates
- Follow classroom policy posted for the bathroom.
- Ask for help when needed
Let's make 2019-2020 a wonderful school year!!! Remember Each One, Teach One our class motto.