7th Grade Standards
The Number System: Operations with Rational Numbers:
- Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
Expressions and Operations:
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
Ratios and Proportional Relationships:
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Draw, construct, and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
Inferences, Statistics and Probability:
- Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.