Richmond County has rolled out a new platform for students and parents. This new program will allow students to see and submit assignments, view grades and feedback, and communicate with peers and teachers as well. The best part about Canvas, the new program, is that it is easily accessible on all forms of technology, including smart phones. You can also download the Canvas App. The new program is being introduced to all students and guardians starting this week so that everyone can get an idea of how it works now so we will be ready and set to go at the start of the next school year. I have attached a file that will instroduce students and parents to the orientation process. Students can go to the Canvas app through their Launchpad. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Please complete the following assignments over the next few weeks. It's very imprtant that virtual learning parents know how to help their child navigate the Canvas platform. These orientations will assist with that.
Click on this link to access the Learning with Canvas RCSS Elementary Orientation.
This is a parent to-do list before the first day of school.
- Create a parent account in Canvas. Click on this link https://rcboe.instructure.com/login/canvas .
- Complete the parent oreientation on Canvas. Click on this link https://rcboe.instructure.com/courses/35848 .
- View the parent information pdf. Click on this link https://www.rcboe.org/cms/lib/GA01903614/Centricity/Domain/8508/ParentLoginforCanvas.pdf .
- Assist your child with the student Canvas orientation. (see above link)
- View the Canvas powerpoint below.
- View the video below on how to log in to Launchpad and access your email at Microsoft 365 and Canvas.