Murphey Middle Mission and Vision Statement
Murphey Middle Mission:
“Murphey Middle School students will be prepared for high school and empowered to become college and career ready.”
Murphey Middle Vision:
Murphey Middle School commits to fostering an inviting atmosphere full of innovative education, community partnerships, and self-sufficiency for all students.
Murphey Middle Goals:
- To inspire student achievement in reading, language arts, math, science and socialstudies;
- To integrate technology into everyday learning activities for students andteachers;
- To inform STEM awareness and skills for all students; and
- To instill character/value of education and pride in self, school, and community.
Murphey Middle Beliefs and Values:
- Every student deserves an opportunity for a quality education.
- All children can learn and achieve personal goals.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Awareness and understanding of individual and cultural differences contribute to a positive learning environment.
- High expectations courage students to reach high levels of achievement in physical, emotional, social and academic development.
- A variety of teaching methods is needed to meet diverse learning styles
- Teamwork among school personnel, home and community enhances learning.
- It is the responsibility of the home, school and community to model and encourage good character.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.