Welcome to AP Literature
Dear AP Lit Students,
Welcome to AP Lit! My hope is that by the end of this course you have a new appreciation for the subject matter and will be successful in every possible way. I am counting on you to make the best of this experience, and I am here to support you every step of the way. AP Literature is a college-level course designed to prepare students for the challenges and rigor of a typical college course. In AP Lit, you will enhance your reading, writing, debating, editing, and speaking skills! In AP Lit you will use the literature as a foundation and as support for new insight that you contribute through careful reading and analysis of the selected work. Although this course is challenging, the benefits are well worth the hard work and students are better prepared for college courses and careers. Texts will be selected from a diverse groups of authors, speakers, cultures, and traditions.
The journey begins here!
Students: The following resources will be used throughout the year and students are required to join/enroll. Please follow the instructions listed below to access the external tools:
- Canvas: Canvas is the main tool for asynchronous learning this year. All lessons, assignments, and resources are uploaded to this application. You can access your Canvas app through your Launchpad.
- College Board: College Board has revolutionized this course by offering many resources including AP Classroom. Students will use many of these resources to prepare and practice for the exam at the end of the year. Students must create a College Board account by visiting https://myap.collegeboard.org/ and join the class using this code:
- 2nd Period - ZEVMG7
- Remind: This is a communication tool to provide additional resources, answer questions, and clarify instructions. Join the class by texting 81010 with the code @68hg8a87 (include the @ sign).
- Actively Learn: Some assignments will be monitored through www.activelylearn.com. Students will need to create an account and join my class with the code:
- 2nd Period - a1ga5
- NoRedInk: NoRedInk is another online resource to help AP Lang students improve their grammar, syntax, and editing skills to prepare for the AP Exam in the Spring.
- Class Code: noredink.com/join/rainy-marker-63