Volunteer Clearance Process:
All individuals wanting to volunteer in the Richmond County School System must complete a background check.
To obtain a background check form, please click the link to your left that states "Volunteer Background Check Form".
Individuals are to complete and submit the completed background form to the specific school they are requesting to volunteer at. The school will forward the background check form to Sonia England in the Student Services Department, for processing. Mrs. England collects the forms weekly & forwards them to our School Safety Department for the check. Once they are returned as a clear check, they are returned to Mrs. England who will then complete the process. Mrs. England maintains a file on each volunteer.
Steps to Become a Volunteer
* Possess a legal & valid photo ID. All visitors are checked for proper identification.
* Go through the Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) = background check.
* Complete volunteer training with your schools Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee.
* Watch the on-line Mandated Reporter video. (Mandated by the State & district) At the conclusion of the video, take a mini test & once that test is passed participants will be presented with an electronic certificate. You must print that certificate & present it to the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee.
* Sign a statement of confidentiality for schools.
* Go through sex offenders registry. This is required due to future volunteers will be working one-on-one with students.
* Obtain prior approval form the facility principal in order to come inside the schools & to interact with students.
For further information, contact the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee at the school you wish to volunteer at during regular school hours.