Volunteer Clearance Process:
All individuals that want to volunteer in the Richmond County School System must complete a background check.
To obtain a background check form, please click the link to your left that states "Volunteer Background Check Form".
Individuals are to complete and submit the completed background form to the specific school they are requesting to volunteer at. The school will forward the background check form to Sonia England in the Student Services Department, for processing. Mrs. England collects the forms weekly & forwards them to our School Safety Department for the check. Once they are returned as a clear check, they are returned to Mrs. England who will then complete the process. Mrs. England maintains a file on each volunteer.
Steps to Become a Volunteer
* Possess a legal & valid photo ID, and be 18 years of age. All visitors are checked for proper identification.
* Go through the Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) = background check.
* Complete volunteer training with your schools Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee.
* Watch the on-line Mandated Reporter video. (Mandated by the State & district) At the conclusion of the video, take a mini test & once that test is passed participants will be presented with an electronic certificate. You must print that certificate & present it to the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee.
* Go through the sex offenders registry. This is required due to some volunteers will be working one-on-one with students.
* Obtain prior approval from the school principal for entrance to the school & to interact with students.
"Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless, but because they are priceless." Author unknown...
For further information, contact the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee at the school you wish to volunteer at during regular school hours.