Thank you for your interest in our Pre-K Program! Our Lottery Registration window for the 2021-2022 school year is now closed. For more information about schools that may have openings, or to add your child to one of our waiting lists, please call the school you are interested in after April 20, 2021, and someone will be happy to talk with you.
To be eligible for Georgia's Pre-K, children must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2021, based on acceptable documentation, such as birth certificates, certificates of live birth, passports, official medical documents, legal documents, or official documents from other countries. Only children whose birthdates are from September 2, 2016, through September 1, 2017, are eligible for participation in the 2021-2022 school year. Parents and teachers are encouraged to consider the child’s date of birth, physical maturity, emotional maturity and prior experiences when making the decision to enroll the child in the Pre-K program.
Important Dates for the 2021–2022 School Year
- When the registration window opens for the 2021-2022 school year, parents will complete an online application to participate in the Georgia Pre-K Lottery.
- All students MUST have an application completed in order for their names to be a part of the Pre-K Lottery.
- At the close of Pre-K registration, students will be assigned a slot and parents will be notified. All assignments will be done via SMART CHOICE. All school assignments will be computer generated.
- Parents will be contacted about acceptance through email on 4/20/21, and letters will be mailed through the USPS on 4/20/21.
- Applicants who are offered slots will be contacted via phone call between 4/20/21 and 4/28/21 by teachers to confirm acceptance and set up a registration appointment to complete the registration forms and submit required documentation.
- If you have requested placement for a school that is out of your school zone, you will be responsible for providing transportation.
- Late Registration: If you fail to register by the April 2, 2021 deadline, you will need to contact the the school you prefer to see if there are any available slots. If a slot is available, you will need to call the school for an appointment to come in and register your child. Your child will automatically be placed on a wait list if no slots are available.
REMINDER: C.T. Walker does not have a Pre-K Program
Proof of Residency and Age Eligibility must be on file the first day the child starts the program.
Proof of Residency (Required at time of registration)
- Current mortgage statement/lease agreement
- Current utility bill for address of service
- Current vehicle registration
- Property tax notice
- Letter from Shelter
- PeachCare eligibility documents
Proof of Age (Required no later than the first day of school)
- Original birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Official medical documents
- Legal documents
- Official documents from other countries
Other Documentation due during the school year (not required at time of registration)
- Social Security Card or Social Security Waiver Form (provided by Bright from the Start)
- GA Form 3231- Immunization (Due within first 30 days of school)
- GA Form 3300- Eye, Ear, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Due within first 90 days of school)