"Helping students conquer their fear of Math, one problem at a time"
Seeking To Educate & Promote Students'-Success in Math
"A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning."
Margie L. Carswell
828.668.2467 (text message; preferred method)
Tutoring will be offer Monday and Tuesday from 4:00pm-5:50pm. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 7:30am-8:30am, are available upon request. PLEASE BE ADVISED , DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, TUTORING IS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. I am avaliable via phone, text message preferred and email, from 9-4pm.
REP Students who is requesting additional assistance please contact Katrina Moore via email firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking this link to access her webpage.
When assigned, Students will serve detention either on Monday through Friday from 7:30-8:30am or 4:30-5:30pm.
Six Practical tips to ensure your child is prepared for digital learning:
- Do a Double Check
- Visit school and class portals for details and updates on assignments.
- Ensure you have all required login and access codes.
- Determine how to best communicate with teachers in case of questions (via text is preferred)
- Develop a Daily Routine
- Create a daily schedule in advance and write it out.
- Require your child to follow the same daily routines as in school (i.e. shower, brush teeth, get dressed, comb hair, meke bed, etc.)
- Consider using a timer or watch to track time spent on a specific subjects or assignments (PLEASE BE ADVISED STUDENTS SHOULD SPEND AT LEAST 55-60 MINS PER CORE CLASS PER DAY).
- If parents are required to be at work or offsite while kids are home, require them to check in periodically throughout the day.
- Allow designated breaks for strecthing, snacks, etc.
- Designate a Space for Learning
- Create a space for learning in a common area where you can provide monitoring or support as needed.
- Remove distractions (i.e. cell phones, television or other things that will distract learning).
- Ensure your child/children have everything that is needed to succedd (technology, paper, pens, books, glasses, etc.)
- PLEASE BE ADVISED COMCAST IS OFFERING INTERNET IS AVAILABLE AT NO COST FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS.
- Dedicate a Specific Time for Downtown
- Schedule designated time for lunch and/or snack
- If weather permits, schedule outdoor time for physical activity.
- Allow speificied time for social media, gaming. Youtube or other digital fun.
- Once, pre-determined learning time is done, allow kids to put to books and all learning materials away and relax.
- Discuss Daily Progress & Accomplishments
- Have daily discussion with your child/children to track their progress and to openly discuss their emotional feelings during this time.
- Provide encouragement and words of support.
- Be intentional about checking in with your child/children periodically throughout the day to provide support and guidance.
- If your child/children has/have questions you can't answer, reach out to their teacher or check out online tools and resources.
- Determine the Rewards for Success
- Keep track of your child's/children weekly progress with a journal, chart or planner.
- Consider scheduling school work and assignments during the first 4-days of the work week leaving Friday free for fun.
- If possible, plan something fun (and free ) at the end of the week that is contingent upon your child/children completing all their work.
- Do a Double Check