SCMS 8th Grade Math & Social Studies
Remind App (Class Announcements) Direct Text:
text @f843e2c to the number 81010
You’ll receive a welcome text from Remind.
If anyone has trouble with 81010, try texting @f843e2c to (401) 519-7196.
Spirit Creek Middle School
115 Dolphin Way - Hephzibah, Georgia 30815
- 2-inch binder
- College-ruled notebook paper
- Scientific Calculator ($10 generic)
- Earbuds with microphone ($5 generic)
- Pencils (No. 2 or mechanical is fine)
- Large pencil erasers
- Page dividers (5-tabs)
In the event that SCMS returns to virtual learning, please use the information provided below:
The teacher page located here for Mrs. Richardson-Harris's 8th Grade Math and Social Studies will contain overall school information.
Go to https://www.rcboe.org/canvas to complete the Canvas Orientation. This orientation teaches you how to use the components in Canvas. When you click on Modules, you can quickly see all of the topics that are covered. Students can print out a certificate upon completion that the student/parent will email to me at (email@example.com).
All assignments and announcements will be posted in Canvas. Be sure to sign up for all Canvas notifications and adjust your settings from there as the year progresses.
Canvas will be the main platform for interaction and communication. Other student platforms that are accessible through Launchpad will include BrainPop and MyHRW. External resources we will use include Khan Academy for additional practice and help videos. Please view the syllabus for grade percentage weights and an outline of classroom expectations.
Virtual Learning Expectations
- Honesty and Integrity: Integrity is the practice of being honest and showing consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions.
- Late and Missed Assignments: Late assignments will receive (-5) pts. per day late until a grade of 65 (failing) is reached. Missed assignments will reflect a grade of 65 (failing) until completed.
- Flexible Mindsets: This is new to everyone and it will take time to iron out the wrinkles.
- Live (synchronous learning): Cameras on; Microphones on mute until called on by raising your hand either virtually or physically in your student camera. Student Code of Conduct still applies to online learning and discipline will still follow.
- Self-paced (asynchronous learning): Assignments are due the Sunday before the next school week begins. This allows for 3-5 days for assignment completion in the account of student and parent schedules.
I am looking forward to an amazing year with this new experience for us all! Do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions, comments, and concerns. I have limited tech-support ability, but I will assist where I can.
Mrs. Juanita Richardson-Harris
Federal Impact Aid Student/Parent Survey
Click the links below for access to the cards and instructions (Spanish versions available) :