7TH GRADE NEWS- TESTS 4/3 & 4/5
6TH GRADE NEWS
STANDARDS REVIEWED AND ASSESSED ON APRIL 10 AND APRIL 11
- I can locate on a world and regional political-physical map: the Great Barrier Reef, Coral Sea, Uluru/Ayers Rock, Indian and Pacific Oceans, Great Dividing Range, and Great Victoria Desert.
- I can describe how Australia’s location, climate, and natural resources impact trade and affect where people live.
- I can explain the impact of English colonization on current Aboriginal basic rights, health, literacy, and language.
- I can explain citizen participation in democratic governments [i.e. the role of citizens in choosing the leaders of Australia (parliamentary democracy)].
- I can compare how traditional, command, and market economies answer the economic questions of 1-what to produce, 2-how to produce, and 3-for whom to produce.
- I can explain that countries have a mixed economic system located on a continuum between pure market and pure command.
- Describe the economic system used in Australia.
- I can explain how specialization makes trade possible between countries.
- I can compare and contrast different types of trade barriers, such as tariffs, quotas, and embargoes.
- I can explain why international trade requires a system for exchanging currency between nations.
- I can evaluate how literacy rates affect the standard of living.
- I can explain the relationship between investment in human capital (education and training) and gross domestic product (GDP per capita).
- I can explain the relationship between investment in capital goods (factories, machinery, and technology) and gross domestic product (GDP per capita).
- I can describe the role of natural resources in a country’s economy.
- I can describe the role of entrepreneurship.