Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Charone Law
8th Grade English Language Arts Teacher
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Murphey Middle School. I am delighted to have your student in my classroom this year and look forward to sharing the school year together with him/her. As a teacher, I will endeavor to create an educational partnership with you and your student that will foster courage, determination, and passion for knowledge. In addition to this, my commitment as an educators will be to provide your student with a nurturing and challenging educational environment that will ensure his/her academic success in 8th grade.
Distance Learning Assignments:
- Daily assignments will be posted in Newsela and Commonlit. 4 Completed Tasks are due each week.
- Complete a minimum of 1 lesson (weekly) in iReady. (IF YOU CAN ACCESS THE PROGRAM)
- Students Choose ANY reading assignment dated 3/18/20 or after.
- DON'T COMPLETE ASSIGNMENTS DATED BEFORE 3/18/20.
- The assignment list will be posted on my page. (Law ELA Assignments)
- These websites can be accessed on cellphones and computers.
- My school website will be updated weekly with instructional information and website links.
- If you are unable to complete your assignments on these websites, complete the assignments in the Closer Reader Workbook Collections #1 - #6
- Complete 4 assignments per week. This includes all activities assigned to the reading (power words, quiz, and constructed response).
- Vocabulary - complete Power Word Assignments on all 5 reading levels.
- If you have any problems with your assignment or password email your teacher at:
- When you are done with your assignments, email me from your school email account. firstname.lastname@example.org
DISTANCE LEARNING ASSIGNMENTS
NEWSELA ARTICLE - Read the instructions for video links and annotating directions
- Article: Kids’ Business Conference
- Article: Kid Sets Up Green Bank For Kids
- Article: A Teenage Baker Feeds the Homeless
- Text Set: Girls Playing to Win
- Text Set: Fortnite Culture
- MICHAEL JORDAN: A PROFILE IN FAILURE TO
- SADIE AND MAUD by Gwendolyn Brooks
- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
- Mother to Son
- The Women of Hidden Figures
- Home by Gwendolyn Brooks
NIGHTLY READING ASSIGNMENT: We want our students to become the Best Readers in Richmond County. They have a reading assignment every night. All the students in my class have nightly homework. Please see the homework link for additional information.
AFTER SCHOOL ACADEMY: Murphey will be offering an After School Acasdemy: March 24th, 26th; March 31st, April 2nd; April 14th, 16th; April 21st, 23rd; April 28th, 30th; May 5th, 7th. Transportation will be provided for students that ride the bus.
Please complete the form and retrurn it to your child's teacher. Students will have the opportunity complete missing work and receive tutoring in content areas.