Degrees and Certification:
Bachelor of Arts in English Rhetoric and Composition
Master of Business Administration
Tutoring: Mondays, 2:45- 3:30 or by appointment
Grade(s): 10th, 12th
Subject(s): 10th grade Literature and Composition, British Literature
10th grade Literature- @cf93c8c
British Literature- @2hg3bh
Parent Group- @jsmithlit
Hello Everyone! I am excited to be joining your students at Hephzibah High School for the 2020-2021 school year. I look forward to sharing my love of reading and writing with my students. This year we will be exploring texts that will take us back in time, catapult us to different cultures and experiences, and relate concepts in novels and stories to our current lives. I cannot wait to get to know you all and delve into various writing styles, authors, and most importantly your writing style and creativity in and out of the classroom. This year may have challenging moments but overall it will be a great year as we work together to explore literature one page at a time!
Ms. Jasmine Smith
ANNOUNCEMENTS: JANUARY 2021
>>Learn at Home
- Online students begin on Tuesday, January 12.
- Face to Face students begin online learning (on Canvas) on Thursday, January 14.
- Face to Face students begin in person learning on Tuesday, January 26.
- Students that failed Quarter 2 can find their grade recovery assignments on Blended Learning (Edgenuity) on Launchpad.
- If you failed Q2, but were not assigned grade recovery, let me know asap.
- Please contact me as soon as you complete all the assigned items, so that I may update your grade.
- Deadline for completing Q2 grade recovery is Monday, February 15.
- All assignments and literary texts may be found on Canvas.
- If you cannot find your class on Canvas, let me know as soon as possible.
- It is the responsibility of the student to complete any missing assignments.
- Students that do not have wifi access, please contact me so that I can have a work packet ready for pickup.
- Packets for the weeks of January 14 and January 19 may be picked up on Thursday, January 14 and Friday, January 15 in the front office.
- I am not requiring textbook checkout due to the absence of lockers this year.
- However, if you would prefer a book, you may pick them up on Thursday, January 14 and Friday, January 15 in the Media Center.