Welcome to Mr. Fletcher's Home Page!
On the left sidebar, you can find the different courses that I teach as well as links to past student projects and class resources.
COVID-19 and Distance Learning - Updated April 17th
On Thursday April 16th, Dr. Bradshaw, superintendent for the Richmond County School System released this statement, updating our end-of-year distance plans. I'm updating my previous instructions regarding distance learning to conform to our new end of year proceduress. Please read Dr. Bradshaw's full statement as I am only summarizing parts of the statement that affect instruction for my classes here.
From the statement, Dr. Bradshaw communicated that after April 15, 2020, distance learning lessons will not introduce new content. Teachers will offer students the opportunity to retake and resubmit assignments to improve grades. Students who do not need to resubmit work to improve grades will continue to receive work to strengthen mastery of subjects and skills taught throughout the 2019-2020 school year. Any work submitted after March 16, 2020 will only have a positive impact on a student’s grade.
In light of this change, here is what you need to know about your grade in my class:
- For middle school students, the course will be counted as pass/fail (unless you were an 8th grade student in a high school class). This applies to all of my middle school music tech and guitar classes. Any work submitted for Q4 after March 16th (i.e., all of the distance learning material previously assigned) will only be counted if it improves your grade. Work which is not submitted will not count against you.
- For high school, there will be no final exams and your final average will be the year-long average through Q3. Any work submitted for Q4 after March 16th (i.e., all of the distance learning material previously assigned) will only be counted if it improves your grade.
- Any student (middle or high) in my courses who wishes to improve their grade beyond the assignments I've already given for distance learning may resubmit or redo previous assignments. If you are locked out of submitting those assignments contact me and I will work with you on how to submit.
- Any student may also work on additional independent projects related to the course's content for improved overall course grade. Contact me directly through my email or through Teams if you would like more information on independent projects.
- There will be no new assignments posted (in Teams or elsewhere) for the remainder of the year in my courses.
In the mean time, stay safe and good luck with the rest of the school year!
In class on Friday March 16th and again on Monday March 17th, I discussed with students methods and expectations for communicating with me during remote learning. I will post announcements and assignments on Teams, as well as on my website. Students were instructed to use Teams as a primary mode of communication, but using my board email address email@example.com is also acceptable.
“Office” Hours and Availability
I will be available each school day from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. by email as well as through Teams. However, I will also be available 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. each school day specifically for video chat/conference through the teams platform with individuals or with groups of students who need more assistance.
Past Due Assignments
Date Due: 03/18/2020
Date Due: 03/22/2020
Date Due: 03/24/2020
Students, if you are interesting in receiving additional help with assignments or access to computers/instruments for additional practice I will be available after school on Mondays until 4. Currently I am scheduled for afternoon bus duty, so I may be a little late some days - please contact me at least a day in advance if you would like tutoring so I know to expect you.
After School Programs - UPDATED
At the moment, I am unsure if I will be able to offer after school Programs due to my duty scheduling. I will work on getting that changed; keep an eye on this website for updates.
Parents and Students, New Syllabi for the 2019-2020 school year will be posted here in the near future.
Owen FletcherEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade(s): 8-12Subject(s): Guitar, Music Technology, Media Arts