I use EDMODO.com as my primary source for communicating with students and parents. All students have an EDMODO account. I guided them through this process during the first week of school. Parents can easily log on (see instructions below).
- All assignments are posted on the homepage with details and attachments for each assignment. These are also mirrored on the assignment board in the classroom.
- Assignment calendar with all monthly activities.
- On-Line WORD document is available for those who do not have access to Microsoft Office Suite.
- "BackPack" for storing documents and retreiving them for editing.
- Message board is SAFE. Students can only contact me privately. All other dialogue is shared with the community.
- Student FOLDER: All class handouts are posted in the FOLDER tab for easy download and copying at home.
- My EDMODO site is not confidential and is open to the public. NOTE: Only students can participate in dialogue. Parents are assigned to "Read Only", as are other educators. Parents can contact me via my e-mail.
- 9 Literature PARENTS, to log on at edmodo.com use the following username and password: USERNAME -- sumnerparent PW -- sumner
- IB Parents, to log on at edmodo.com use the following username and password: USERNAME -- ibparentsumner PW -- sumner
The Academy of Richmond County
International Baccalaureate English AIB Theory of Knowledge (Course A)Thomas SumnerInternational Baccalaureate English A9th Grade LiteratureIB Theory of Knowledge B