Here is a list of resources and activities to support our parents and students during our summer break.
Learning: Students of all grade levels can keep learning with activities to keep the mind active.
Click the link:
Curriculum Associates (K-8): https://www.curriculumassociates.com/teaching-learning-2020
Discovery Education (K-12): https://www.discoveryeducation.com/coronavirus-response/
eSpark Learning (K-5): https://www.esparklearning.com/
Eureka Math, With & Wisdom, PhD Science (K-12):https://greatminds.org/resources
Khan Academy (K-12):https://khanacademy.zendesk.com
Scholastic Learn at Home (K-12):http://teacher.scholastic.com/education/
Zearn Math (K-5): https://about.zearn.org/distance-learning
SAT Practice Prep: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
National Geographic: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
PBS Learning Media: https://gpb.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/kids-lab/
Reading Rockets: https://www.readingrockets.org/books/summer
Summer Learning: https://www.summerlearning.org/resources-for-programs-and-families-during-school-closures/
Community-Based: Organizations in the Richmond County area that support various needs.
Golden Harvest Food Bank: Phone - 706-736-1199
website - https://goldenharvest.org/find-help
Food Finder: website - https://foodfinder.us/
General: Places to go for food, shelter, clothing, and assistance.
Salvation Army: Greene Street - 706-826-7933; Broad Street - 706-364-4036
Emotional & Spiritual Support - Phone - 844-458-4673
Social Services Assistance - 706-922-8330
Shiloh Community Center: Phone - 706-738-0089
website - https://www.shilohcommunitycenter.org/
CSRA Economic Opportunity Authority, Inc.: Phone - 706-826-7933
website - https://www.csraeoa.org/
Augusta Catholic Social Services: Phone - 706-722-3661
website - https://www.cssaugustathriftstore.com/
Christ Community Health Services: Phone - 706-922-0600
website - https://www.cchsaugusta.org/
Garden City Rescue Mission: Phone - 706-724-6960
website - https://www.gcrmaugusta.com/
Family Promise: Phone - 706-364-4462
Cooling Stations: https://www.augustaga.gov/2124/Shelter-Management
• Georgia Crisis & Access Line: For immediate access to routine or crisis services. Please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) at 1-800-715-4225. GCAL is available 24 hours/7 days/365 days.
• Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. The Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH) provides crisis counseling and support to anyone in the U.S. experiencing distress or behavioral health concerns related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including public health emergencies.
• Crisis Text Line: Text MHA to 741741 and you will be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor. Crisis Text Line provides free, text-based support 24/7.
• The Trevor Project: Call 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678. A national 24 hour, toll-free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth.
• Bullying: Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school-aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have serious, lasting problems. website: https://www.stopbullying.gov/
• Dial 2-1-1: If you need assistance finding food, paying for housing bills, accessing free childcare, or other essential services visit 211.org or dial 211. Run by the United Way.
• National Domestic Violence Hotline: For any victims and survivors who need support, call 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-799-7233 for TTY, or if you're unable to speak safely, you can log onto the hotline.org or text LOVISIS to 22522