- All Categories
Science Fair News
You should be done with your handwritten logbook by now. You should be working on your typed formal report and your typed poster using the online template/Power Point Slide. All projects are due 12/17-12/18.
For Online Textbook and Many Other Online Science Resources:
User and password is the same as I-Ready (without the "@" sign)
User: First initial of first name, the whole last name, and I-ready number (no "@" sign)
Pass: Your first and last name initials and then your I-Ready number (no "@" sign)
Name: Donita LegoasEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade(s): 6thSubject(s): ScienceGeorgia Science Teacher Association Middle School Rep.GADOE Science Ambassador
Learning Today... Leading Tomorrow
The mission of the Richmond County School System is building a world-class school system through education, collaboration, and innovation.
On Friday, Nov. 2, eight sixth and seventh grade students competed against 14 other teams from the CSRA in a Science Eco Meet competition at Wildwood Park in Appling, GA. The team was awarded 1st place for their Environmental Video , 1st and 2nd place in the Sandhills Station, and 3rd Place in the Bird Migration Station. In addition, Coach Legoas was awarded the plaque for 2018 Middle School EcoMeet Coach of the Year. Way to go, Eco Meet Team!
Unit 3 Inside the Earth Essential Questions
- How are the earth’s layers alike and different?
- What challenges stand in the way of sending explorers to the center of the earth?
- How does the movement of lithospheric plates cause major events on earth’s surface?
- What evidence do scientists have that continents were once joined together?
- Why do mountains often occur in ranges thousands of kilometers long?
- How do fossils show evidence of the changing surface and climate of the Earth?
- How is the ocean floor like the surface of the Earth?
Having Difficulty in Science?
Ms. Legoas is available from 3:30-4:00 upon request. (24 hour notice is required.)