- All Categories
For Online Textbook and Many Other Online Science Resources:
User and password is the same as I-Ready (without the "@" sign)
User: First initial of first name, the whole last name, and I-ready number (no "@" sign)
Pass: Your first and last name initials and then your I-Ready number (no "@" sign)
Name: Donita LegoasEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade(s): 6thSubject(s): ScienceGeorgia Science Teacher Association Middle School Rep.GADOE Science Ambassador
Learning Today... Leading Tomorrow
The mission of the Richmond County School System is building a world-class school system through education, collaboration, and innovation.
ARJ Middle School Science Olympiad Team
Great job at the State Competition held in Kennesaw, GA on March 16!
On Friday, Nov. 2, eight sixth and seventh grade students competed against 14 other teams from the CSRA in a Science Eco Meet competition at Wildwood Park in Appling, GA. The team was awarded 1st place for their Environmental Video , 1st and 2nd place in the Sandhills Station, and 3rd Place in the Bird Migration Station. In addition, Coach Legoas was awarded the plaque for 2018 Middle School EcoMeet Coach of the Year. Way to go, Eco Meet Team!
Unit 5 Meteorology Essential Questions
- How does the sun interact with the earth to produce weather and climate?
- How does the tilt of the earth affect the seasons and Earth’s climate?
- How does an ocean affect the weather and climate of adjacent land?
- How does the sun’s heating of water in the tropics affect climate in the rest of the world?
- What happens to water after it evaporates from the oceans and land?
- How does the sun’s energy cause winds and hurricanes?
- How does unequal heating affect wind patterns?
- What factors influence weather?
Having Difficulty in Science?
Ms. Legoas is available from 3:30-4:00 upon request. (24 hour notice is required.)
Grade Recovery Plan for 6th grade Earth Science
Students who have received a failing grade for Quarter 1 and/or Quarter 2 should see Ms. Legoas for an opportunity to complete a series of USA Test Prep assignments in order to earn a revised grade of 70%