Mrs. La'Shicka Williams ED.SEmail: email@example.comSchool Counselor(706) 796-4944 Ext. 3314
Phone: (706) 796-4944 Ext. 3314
Degrees and Certifications:
Meet The School Counselor
Mistakes are proof that you are trying.-Unknown
My name is Mrs. La'Shicka Williams and I am thrilled to be the new middle school counselor at Richmond Hill K-8. This is my first year as a school counselor but I have taught in Richmond County for over thirteen years. Some people like teaching, others are passionate about reading, but what I find fascinating is talking to, connecting with, and helping students. I would like the students at Richmond K-8 to think of my office as a warm and friendly place, where they are always welcome. My office is also a safe haven – a place where they can get help if they feel confused or worried.
I will be also working alongside Mrs. Tabitha Ellison, the elementary school counselor this year. This is going to be a fun year filled with learning, growing, and succeeding. Parents remind your children about their accomplishment last year and if they did not do as well last year, talk to them and discuss how they can start afresh and do things differently this year. This is a great time to start with a new outlook.
As a school counselor, my primary responsibility is to promote the academic, personal, and social development of all students. I look forward to offering support to the students, staff, families and community. For example, I plan on working with students at the classroom level, small group level, as well as at the short-term individual counseling level. I will also be meeting with parents, collaborating with teachers and staff, and consulting with community organizations to benefit and meet the needs of all Richmond Hill K-8 students.
Please feel free to call me with any questions that you may have about the program or if there is anything I can do to assist you and your child. I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (706) 796-4944 Ext. 3314
Mrs. L. Williams, ED.S
- Group Counseling: is offered to small groups of students experiencing similar concerns. The groups normally range from 4 to 6 students and last for 6 to 8 sessions. The students for these groups can be recommended by parents/guardians or by staff members.
- Individual Counseling: short term one-on-one counseling support is available to all students in grades 5th to 8th. Students may self-refer or be referred to the counselors by teachers/staff and/or parents. Confidentiality is respected.
- Classroom Guidance: Each lesson will be presented in the classroom for students in grades K-8. Lessons will teach developmentally appropriate, preventative lessons to all students.
- TAA (Teacher- As -Advisors): Each teacher at Richmond Hill K-8 advocates for his/her advisees and facilitates sessions focusing on 1) Career Development 2) Academic Planning and 3) Life Skills.
- Consultations: I am available to have meetings with teachers, administrators and/or parents to discuss the needs of individual students.