Name: Mrs. V. Knox ED.STitle: 4th -5th grade EIP MathTeacherPhone: 706.772.6240Email: email@example.com
Mrs. Knox’s 4th -5th grade Math Syllabus
Traditional and Distance Learning
Hello Parents and Students:
Welcome to Mrs. Knox's 4th -5th grade EIP Math Class! I am looking forward to having a great year with you and your student. Here are just a few things that you and your student should know about our classroom academics, expectations, grading policy and procedures.
Our 4th - 5th grade Mathematics Scope and Sequence: This is what we will learn this year
Write and interpret numerical expressions (including those with parentheses, brackets, or braces). Orders of Operation within our base ten system.
Analyze patterns and relationships.
Understand the place value system and base ten operational patterns.
Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and mixed numbers. Use equivalent fractions as a strategy.
Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
Convert customary and metrics measurement units within a given measurement system.
Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
My Instructional Philosophy
All students are entitled to a quality, safe and rigorous education that instills a continuous passion for learning and gaining knowledge in and out the academic setting.
Classroom Daily Procedures/Expected Student Behavior:
CANVAS IS OUR SITE FOR ALL CLASS INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Our Daily Routine: Math Minute, Class Discussion, Introduction of Concept, Review and Practice, and Homework.
- Students will be asked to bring in phones and tablets to class; they will be required to follow RCBOE policy and Mrs. Knox's rules for mobile devices.
- Students are expected to bring good manners and proper behavior to class. Please be respectful of yourself, your teachers, and your classmates.
- The 4 P’s rule will be observed in my class.
- 1. Politeness - Compassion, Respect and Manners.
- 2. Preparedness-come to class with pencil, notebooks with paper, books, and agenda.
- 3. Participation-students are encouraged to get involved in their learning.
- 4. Promptness-it is important for students to come to class on time.
- Consequences of poor behavior are 1. Warning, 2. Behavior contract, 3. Time Out to another class and Parental Notification. 4. Office Referral.
- Do not bring mechanical pencils, food, gum, candy, or drinks to class.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC: Virtual Parent Conference Times should be scheduled by calling or emailing me on Canvas and/or my website. Please allow for a 24- hour turn around response time.
Mrs. V. Knox