Grade Recovery Opportunity
November 13, 2020
Greetings Eagle Parent(s) / Guardian(s),
This letter is to inform you that the Administrative Team and the Social Studies Department of T. W. Josey High School are working to adjust the program for students who are receiving failing grades in United States History. Below you will find the recommended program that is being suggested for your child to accomplish this goal.
- Edgenuity Virtual Learning: This option is available virtually (online). Students will work on concepts with assistance from videos and assignments of relevant material. Students will receive credit once they have completed the packet and have shown mastery on topics from that quarter; by earning a C or higher on the final exam.
The content to be covered in this Edgenuity Virtual Learning module will be as follows:
Unit 1: Colonialism
SSUSH 1 - 2
· Great Awakening
· Colonial Self-government
· Diversity and Development of
· American colonies
· Middle Passage and the African Population
· Mercantilism and trans-Atlantic trade
* If you are interested in other learning options, please speak to our school administration. *
Our goal is to have every student be successful in United States History.
Please note that this credit recovery system is available now and will be available November 16, 2020 through December 14, 2020.
To help increase and maintain your child’s grade in the future,
Here are some helpful tips:
- Talk to your child about his/her grades on a regular basis. Log onto Canvas and discuss your child’s scores.
- Contact your child’s teachers if you have questions about their online performance.
- Have your student attend the virtual classes regularly and/or face to face classes regularly.
- Encourage your child to be the best they can be and live up to the fullest of their potential.
- Advise your child and let them know they can be successful in all subjects.
- Keep an open line for communication between staff, parent and student.
If you need any further assistance, support, or information on how to achieve this credit, please contact:
Dr. D. Partlow, or Mrs. L. Parks-Johnson.
Again, thank you for your cooperation, consideration and conservation for your child’s future.
T. W. Josey Social Studies Department
Attention to students must login to RCBOE Launchpad to gain access to Edgenuity