* Read every day! Take turns at reading to your child and having your child read to you. Ask questions to promote comprehension skills.
* Be positive, speak well of school and learning. Encourage your child to talk about all of the fun things they have done at school.
* Create a consistent after-school routine including meal time, homework time, and play time (creating a visual display of this for your child can be very beneficial).
* Ensure your child is getting plenty of sleep on a school night, so they are fresh for school in the morning.
* Encourage your child in all aspects of their life, praising their successes and their efforts.
* Teach your child to be responsible for their actions and encourage them to take on more responsibilities at home and school.
* Stay involved! Inquire about ways to support your child’s learning at home.
* Communicate! Keep in regular contact with your child’s teacher.