Volunteer Clearance Process:
All individuals, not RCSS employees wishing to volunteer in the Richmond County School System must complete a criminal history background check -
Contact must be made with the school Volunteer Coordinator or Designee for specific details, but the process for Volunteer prospects consists of four steps:
- Take the online "Mandated Reporter Training Class" this class is mandatory before you are able to attend a Volunteer Training Class at any school. Your certificate can be printed at home or at school.
- The link is: Mandated Reporter Training Info & Link. Click here if you have any log-in difficulties.
- Undergo the "Volunteer Training Class" at the school you wish to volunteer.
- View the Volunteer Guidelines to the left to determine which level you would like to apply for Level 2 or Level 3. All of the documents you will need will be provided at the Volunteer Training Class.
Prospective volunteers should be advised that the GCIC Inquiry and Fingerprint processing time can be 10-14 business days.
- Your completed packet is then sent to the Parent & Family Engagement Specialist, Sonia D. England, who then forwards the forms to the Department of School Safety for the criminal background check.
- Upon approval, the Volunteer Coordinator or Designee at the school receives an email of your clearance.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will notify you, the applicant, of your clearance status.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will distribute your Volunteer ID cards.
The Parent & Family Engagement Specialist - Sonia England may be contacted via this email link.
"Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless, but because they are priceless." Author unknown...
For further information, contact the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee at the school you wish to volunteer during regular school hours.