Back To School Resources for RCSS Families
The first day of school is Tuesday, September 8, 2020. This page is a resource to help you prepare your students and family for the 2020-2021 school year as virtual or face-to-face learners. This webpage has links to the most up-to-date information about back-to-school options and coronavirus information impacting the school system. Be sure to check your child's school page for the latest information on Open House and school supply lists. We have also linked to guidance documents from federal and state officials to help inform your decision.
The following principles have guided our process and plans for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Safety, Health and Wellness
- Quality Instruction
- Equity for all Students
- Partnering with Families
Due to the nature of coronavirus, conditions can change quickly. Our plans for the safe return to school include the ability to transition quickly from a traditional model to a virtual model to protect the health and wellness of students, staff, and community.
Richmond County School System is offering families the following options for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Traditional (Face-to-Face): Monday - Friday (PK-12)
- Virtual Learning/Online (K-12)
What does this mean for my family?
- If your student is returning to a Richmond County School System School, you do not need to do anything. As in previous years, your student is automatically registered to start school. Make sure your contact information is current in Infinite Campus to receive important updates about open house and supply lists.
- If your student will be attending a Richmond County School for in-person instruction for the first time, please access Registration Central to complete registration for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If your student will be a virtual learner to start the 2020-2021 school year, please contact your school for questions about their schedule or to sign them up for online learning.