Volunteer Clearance Process
All individuals, not RCSS employees wishing to volunteer in the Richmond County School System must complete a criminal history background check -
Contact must be made with the school Volunteer Coordinator or Designee for specific details, but the process for Volunteer prospects consists of four steps:
1. Review the Mandated Reporter Training Class instructions and follow the step-by-step guide to participate in this free training before you are able to attend a virtual Volunteer Training Class. The Mandated Reporter Training Class is mandatory for volunteers by the State of Georgia. Your certificate should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion. If you have difficulties logging in, click here for the email address and phone number for technical assistance.
2. Register online to attend one virtual Volunteer Training Class. Online registration and the Mandated Reporter Certificate must be completed and submitted to Sonia England at email@example.com by 5pm on the Friday before the training date you have selected. However, if this is not possible you may register for the next Virtual Training Class or attend an in-person training at the school you wish to volunteer. Click here to register for training dates for July - December 2022. Participants will be emailed a Teams Meeting link to participate in the class.
3. View the Volunteer Guidelines to the left to determine which level you would like to apply for, Level 2 or Level 3. All of the documents you will need will be provided at a school where you would like to volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should be advised that the GCIC Inquiry and Fingerprint processing time can be 10-14 business days.
- Your completed packet is then sent to the Parent & Family Engagement Specialist, Sonia D. England, who then forwards the forms to the Department of School Safety for the criminal background check.
- Upon approval, the Volunteer Coordinator or Designee at the school receives an email of your clearance.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will notify you, the applicant, of your clearance status.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will distribute your Volunteer ID cards.
The Parent & Family Engagement Specialist Sonia England may be contacted via this email link.
"Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless, but because they are priceless." Author unknown...
For further information, contact the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee at the school you wish to volunteer during regular school hours.