It is the policy of the Richmond County Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, disability, religion, or national origin in the educational programs and activities of or admissions to facilities operated by the Board or in the employment practices of the Richmond County Education Agency. The Board shall comply with all aspects of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as subsequently amended; Age Discrimination in Employment Act, 29 USCA 630 and the Equal Pay Act and the American with Disability Act (42 USC 12101).
To ensure compliance with the policy, the Superintendent of Schools shall:
1. Designate staff members to:
- Coordinate efforts of the system to comply with this policy
- Develop and ensure the maintenance of a filing system to keep all records required under this policy.
- Investigate any complaints of violations of this policy.
- Develop and administer a grievance procedure for employees and students.
2. Provide for the publication of this policy to all students in educational facilities operated by the Richmond County Education Agency, parents of said students, employees of the Richmond County Education Agency, employment agencies, and professional associations; such publication to include the name, office address and telephone number of the complaint administrators designated pursuant to this policy.