~ A Cut Above The Rest ~
Purpose:The focus is to develop healthy habits and general fitness. AND The hope is that children will adopt regular physical activity as a part of their lifestyle.Goals of physical education:
- to improve physical fitness, to shape positive attitudes towards physical activity
- to give children the skills they need to enjoy different physical activities
- to help them understand the importance of regular exercise and the connection between physical health and general well-being.
Physical Education Standards of Excellence
The physically educated student Demonstrates, Applies, Exhibits and Recognizes the following
Motor Skills and Movement Patterns
- Standard 1: Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
Movement Concepts and Principles
- Standard 2: Applies the knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills to help achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
Personal and Social Behavior, Rules, Safety, and Etiquette
- Standard 4: Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Standard 5: Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
Fitness Cooperative and Listening Skills
Bones/Muscles Kicking and Punting
Body and Space Awareness Bullying
Chasing, Fleeing, and Dodging Striking with implements
Basketball skills Dance
Jumping Rope Kicking and Punting
Health Jumping and landing
Traveling and Locomotor Skills Volleying