I offer tutoring to all my students from 2:45pm through 3:45pm Monday through Thursdays. All tutoring sessions must be scheduled in advance by email. My email is listed in the syllabus and on the school's homepage.
Teacher: Ms. Stephanie Garrett
Contact / Email: Garrest@boe.richmond.k12.ga.us
Classroom Website / Important Classroom Websites:
9th Grade Literature
TW Josey High School Ms. Stephanie Garrett
2021-2022 School Year email@example.com
- This English Language arts course will include writing practices, vocabulary development, reading comprehension and communication skills. All activities, lessons and practices will be aimed toward preparing the student for post-graduation life (workforce, college, etc.).
- Respect your classmates
- Remaining silent during instruction and peer presentations
- Being kind and encouraging
- Participating during group work activities
- Respect your teacher(s)
- Listen when they talk
- Arrive to class on time prepared to learn
- Begin working on the bell ringer as soon as you get to class
- Respect yourself
- Do your best on each activity
- Complete work on time
- Aim for success in everything you do
- As your teacher, I will respect you and provide you with a safe space to learn. I will provide you with instruction and activities that will prepare you for your life after graduation. To the best of my ability, I will never assign anything or teach anything that will waste your time or mine.
- Unit 1
- Central Ideas
- Unit 2
- Development of Characters/Ideas
- Unit 3
- Author’s Choices
- Unit 4
- Development of Characters/Ideas
- Unit 5
- Point of View
- Unit 6
- Text Analysis
- ASSESSMENTS -- 45%
- CLASSWORK -- 55%
- You are expected to bring each of these items to class everyday:
- Pencil/Black or Blue Pen
- Composition Notebook
- Fully Charged Computer (once the school has given you one)
- Face Mask (as needed)
- You are expected to follow the student code of conduct in your handbook.
Below are the steps I will follow with each infraction:
- 1. Verbal Warning
- 2. Second Warning or ISD
- 3. Parent Phone Call
- 4. Office Referral (with recommendation of ISS or OSS with parent conference)
- Fighting, vandalism, open defiance, profanity or disruption will result in an immediate office referral with suspension recommended.
- If an assignment is turned in after its due date, the assignments grade will be deducted 10% each day it is late.
- Example: if an assignment is turned 1 day late and it was given a 90, I will take off 10% of 90 (minus 9 points) and your final grade will be an 81. If you turn it in 2 months late, I will only take off 40% (minus 36) and your final grade will be a 54.
- If you are unsatisfied with a grade you received on an assignment, you can schedule a conference with me and you will have 1 week after said conference to complete the assignment. I will then average the two grades and that will be your final grade. Once a grading period has passed (nine weeks), you will no longer be able to re-do an assignment as I will not be able to change your grade.
- Example: if, on your first try, you make a 60 on an assignment and, on your second try, you make an 80, your final grade will be a 70.
- It is your responsibility to obtain and complete make-up if you are absent. You will have the same amount of days you were absent to complete make-up work.
- Example: if you are absent for 2 days, you will have 2 days to complete any make-up work.
My name is Stephanie Garrett and I'm an ELA teacher for 9th grade. I received my Bachelors and Master Degrees from Troy University. I am from South Carolina. I enjoy reading, writing, and swimming. I look forward to this school year as we strive for great things and endless possibilities!
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org