Sue Reynolds School was named for a local educator, Susan Caroline Reynolds, who was born near Harlem, Georgia in 1846. She taught for over 40 years at Rock Chapel School in Richmond County. This school was combined with the Godwin School and eventually became Sue Reynolds Elementary.
Sue Reynolds School was established in 1934, and the first building, on Wrightsboro Road, was completed at a cost of $56,136.84. We moved from our original building to our current site in 2001. Current enrollment at Sue Reynolds is about 935 students, in grades Pre-K through 5th Grade.