SSWH17: The student will be able to identify the major political and economic factors that shaped world societies between World War I and World War II.
- Examine the influence of Albert Einstein on science, Sigmund Freud on social thinking and Pablo Picasso on art.
- Determine the causes and results of the Russian Revolution from the rise of the Bolsheviks under Lenin to Stalin’s first Five Year Plan.
- Describe the rise of fascism in Europe and Asia by comparing the policies of Benito Mussolini in Italy, Adolf Hitler in Germany, and Hirohito in Japan.
- Analyze the rise of nationalism as seen in the ideas of Sun Yat Sen, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, and Mohandas Gandhi.
- Describe the nature of totalitarianism and the police state that existed in Russia, Germany, and Italy and how they differ from authoritarian governments.
- Explain the aggression and conflict leading to World War II in Europe and Asia; include the Italian invasion of Ethiopia, the Spanish Civil War, the Rape of Nanjing in China, and the German annexation of the Sudetenland.