Mrs. Anastacia ShafferShaffAn@BOE.richmond.k12.ga.us
Welcome to 3rd grade at The Gardens!
Please explore 3rd grade using the interactive slide above. Click on my bitmoji for information about me. Click on the ROAR poster for information about behavior.
Want to stay connected to the 3rd grade teachers? Download app Class Dojo. Ask Mrs. Shaffer or Ms. Jenkins to add you to the class. You will be able to instantly contact the teachers and view class announcements.
What we are learning in room 404
Place value to the millions
- standard form, expanded form, base ten form
3 digit addition & subtraction with and without regrouping
Examples: 356+839=, 739-590=
- array models, equal groups, repeated addition
- fact families: multiplication and division
Area and Perimeter
- Area measured in square units. Perimeter measured in units
- Area=length x width
- Perimeter = all sides added together
- halves, thirds, fourths, sixths, eighths, tenths
- numerator and denominator
- equivalent fractions (Example: 2/4 = 1/2 = 3/6)