Dr. Brenda Cherokee Taylor, Principal
Derrias Priestley, Administrative Intern
8:15 to 4:15
Motto: We Are Striving to Grow Extraordinary Students Every Day!
Mission: The mission of Wilkinson Gardens Elementary School is to give students the tools they need to be active, lifelong learners and contributing citizens in their community and the world.
Vision: Learners Today and Leaders Tomorrow!
We believe. . .
• Through the shared responsibility of our teachers, parents, students, and community, our students will be able to
successfully compete academically and socially in a global society.
• Our students will be proficient in the use of computers to include the internet, e-mail, and word processors.
• Our students will develop Language Arts skills including reading comprehension and writing that are necessary to be on
or above grade level.
• Our students will be proficient in critical thinking skills across the curriculum to include problem solving, decision making,
and predicting outcomes.
• Our students will demonstrate an awareness and knowledge of Civics, Economics, History, and Geography.
• Our students will demonstrate knowledge of scientific process skills through experience and participate in hands-on
scientific learning that encompasses life, space, earth, physical, and natural science.
• Our students will demonstrate appropriate behavior in a wide variety of school and social situations.
• Our students will make responsible personal choices which demonstrate good citizenship, self-discipline, good manners,
and respect for others.
• Our students will demonstrate a basic knowledge of Fine Arts to include music, theater, and visual arts. Our students will
display good sportsmanship while gaining knowledge of a variety of competitive and individual sports.
• Our students, when engaged in everyday conversation, will be able to communicate effectively