News in the Media Center
We are so excited to start the 2018-2019 school year. Our media center acts as a hub of learning and technology at Belair K-8. Explore and see what the Belair K-8 Media Center has to offer!
The Mission of the Belair K-8 Media Program is to support the educators of our school by providing resources; to assist members of the learning community in becoming effective users of information and to foster the love of reading.
Hours of Operation Monday-Friday 9:00-3:55
Students come to the media center in small groups (5) for check-out and whole group for instruction. Whole group classes are scheduled throughout the year for instructional support.
Check-Out Policy & Procedures
- K-1st are permitted to check-out 1 book for 2 weeks
- 2nd-8th are permitted to check-out 2 books for 2 weeks
- Upon teacher request, 5th-8th grade students can have an additional book for research.
- Students who have overdue library books are not permitted to check-out.
Printing Rules for Students
Students may only print school related assignments. The cost is 10 cents per page in black and white ink only. We do not offer color as an option for students. Please make sure exact change is brought if possible. Printing is available in the media center from 9:30-3:00.
Media Center Rules
1. Respect the library materials.
2. Everything has a correct place.
3. Always share (so we will return things when they are due and we will put things on hold when we have to wait)
4. Do not disturb others working in the library.
*In addition, all school rules apply in regards to proper
Datinya Caviness Ed.S, Media Specialist
Belair K-8 School3925 Harper Franklin AvenueAugusta, GA 30909