WelcomeTO Mrs. Trobaugh 2nd Grade Class!
My name is Virginia Trobaugh. I am happy to welcome you and your child to the 2020-2021 school year! I have taught for the past 24 years in Richmond County. and this is my third year at Monte Santo Elementary. I am truly honored to serve as your child’s Second Grade Teacher. I am looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure your child can achieve his/her highest potential. I recognize that in order to be successful in school, your children needs support from both the home and school. I know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for your child’s success, and I want you to know that I will do my very best to carry out my responsibilities of educating your child in a safe and nurturing environment. I believe in putting our children's educational needs first, and in order to do that, we must work together.
Instructional Philosophy Our classroom will demonstrate an environment full of rigor and relevance. Individualized instruction will be used to aid the children with different learning styles and learning modalities. This will be done through the use of videos, Power Points, paired activities, individualized assignments, and various hands on activities. Our classroom will include the use of technology, and individually guided instructions to provide an environment where children will use self-discovery and a hands-on approach to learning. all within the socially acceptiable distance to maintain a healthy environment.
Our Learning Expectations (rules for class behavior)
1.We will keep hands, feet, and belongings to ourselves.
2. We will raise our hands and receive permission before getting out of our seat or talking
3. We will respect students, staff, teachers and self at all times
4. We will not make unnecessary noise
5.We will try to do our best always and follow all school expectations
1.Student will receive a warning before clip is moved.(Student will acknowledge the warning)
2. Students clip will be moved down our chart from happy camper-(a position everyone begins with daily) and five minutes of free time will be deducted from free time for each incidence. After three moves parents/ guardian will be contacted.
3. Conduct will be noted on daily conduct sheet for parent/guardian.
1. Student clip can move up the chart as positive behaviors occur.
2. Students will receive positive rewards for maintaining excellent behaviors
3. Friday specials
CONTACT INFORMATIONEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade(s):SecondSubject(s):ALLPhone Number- 706-481-1813Cell Phone Number- 706-830-2713