Application Process for A.R. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School
We are excited that you are interested in the admissions process for A.R. Johnson. Students in grades 6-12 are admitted on selective criteria based upon prior school record, good character, and an admissions test. Those attending A.R. Johnson are expected to pursue either a Health Science or Engineering course track.
- The admission process for the Richmond County Magnet School Programs begins in the fall and ends in the spring.
- The on-line application process takes place once a year. The on-line application can be found on the Richmond County School System and/or the A.R. Johnson website in the late fall.
- Once applicants complete the testing process, qualified applicants will be asked to complete performance tasks in Engineering/STEM and Healthcare and will complete a writing prompt. Students applying for 9th grade admissions will have a brief interview
- Students will notified of their acceptance status to ARJ in the spring.
- Applicants must reside in Richmond County. Non-Richmond County residents understand during the application process they must provide proof of impending transfer and provide proof of Richmond County residency by the start of the school year.
Thank you for visiting our website and we look forward to meeting you soon!