Welcome back to another exciting year at McBean Elementary School. I hope you and your family had a fun and relaxing summer vacation! It is my hope that this school year will be full of successful experiences for all students.
The counseling program at McBean is designed to be proactive and preventive. All students K-5, have access to counseling services. The following are a part of the program:
Building-wide curriculum-called Teachers as Advisors (TAA). These discussions will be teacher lead and will take place once a month.
Classroom Lessons- These lessons will be done by me in your child's classroom. Lessons will forcus on positive character, problem solving strategies, career development, ect.
Small Group Counseling- Groups will be created based on need. You will be contacted via letter if your child has been reccommended to participate in a group. You may also contact me to request that your child participate in a group.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns about your child.
I am often working with my students and not in my office so email is the best method to reach me: email@example.com
You can also reach me by telephone:
Counseling Office 706-592-3723
*Please note that messages left on my voicemail will be returned as soon as possible.
Ms. LaTrina Mitchell, M.Ed, Ed.S
McBean Elementary Counseling Department
All studnets to depart empowered with the knowldge and skills necessary to achive academic, personal/social, and career success and to reach their fullest potential as respectful, responsible citizens.
The school counseling program mission is to decrease barriers to academic achivement through student advocacy and to promote student success through a focus on academic achievement social/personal, career and global citizenship development.
- We believe that all students have worth and should be treated with respect
- We believe the student, faculty, school and community should form a partnership to share responsibility and accountability for educational success
- We believe that student learning has to be provided in a safe nurturing enviornment
- We believe teaching must be varied and vreative to meet the individual needs of students
- We believe technology should be intergrated to enhance student learning
- We believe that good behavior is essential for learning
- We believe parents and staff memebers promote future positive work ethics by encouraging puntuality, prepardness, and attendance