Dr. Laurie Taylor, Principal
School Hours 7:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
Copeland Elementary is located near the intersection of Jackson and Wrightsboro Rd in Augusta, Georgia. Our doors opened in September 1959 to serve the students in this diverse community. Today our school serves approximately 425 students in grades Pre-K through 5. The school participates in the community eligibility option that allows students to have breakfast and lunch at no cost. Royal blue and white are the colors that represent the home of the Copeland Wildcats. We are enthusiastic about serving the students and families of this unique communty. Collectively, we will strenghen our bonds as we prepare globally diverse students to be open-minded, inquirers, reflective thinkers, and knowledgeable communicators.
The mission of Copeland Elementary is to provide global, diverse, rigorous and relevant instruction to prepare...
Students...in collaboration with the Wildcat community.
Copeland Elementary will provide a well-balanced curriculum through the use of innovative teaching strategies and technology to meet the varied needs of students.
- We believe all students can learn.
- We believe education is the responsibility of the home, school, and community.
- Our caring, dependable staff will provide a safe environment for successful learning.
- It is our responsibility to emphasize the growth of the whole person.
- Administrators, teachers, and parents are responsible for the discipline of the students.
- Each student should be responsible and accountable for his/her actions.
- Administrators, teachers, custodial staff, and students will work together to promote understanding, respect, trust, and support for one another.
- A well-rounded curriculum, implemented by appropriate use of innovative instructional techniques, resource materials, technology, and educational equipment can meet the needs of students with varying abilities, backgrounds, and interests.