Mission, Vision, and Belief Statements
We will uphold Ms. Lucy C. Laney's legacy
by fostering a safe, nurturing environment
while promoting rigor, relevance,
and respectful relationships
through academics with a global vision in mind.
The vision of Lucy C. Laney High School
is to empower, educate, and prepare students
to become successful leaders and productive citizens
in order to achieve 100% graduation rate
and college and career readiness.
1. Each student is a valued individual with unique physical social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
2. A safe, appealing, physical comfortable environment that promotes student learning and engagement.
3. Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and able to apply their learning to real word experiences.
4. Students need to be able to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
5. Students will become independent thinkers and learners in order to become life-long productive citizens.