Steps to Become a Volunteer
* Possess a legal & valid photo ID, and be 18 years of age. All visitors are checked for proper identification.
* Go through the Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) = background check.
* Complete volunteer training with your schools Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee.
* Watch the on-line Mandated Reporter video. (Mandated by the State & district) At the conclusion of the video, take a mini test & once that test is passed participants will be presented with an electronic certificate. You must print that certificate & present it to the Parent Facilitator or Parent Designee.
* Go through the sex offenders registry. This is required due to some volunteers will be working one-on-one with students.
* Obtain prior approval from the school principal for entrance to the school & to interact with students.