Volunteer Clearance Process:
All individuals not RCSS employees wishing to volunteer in the Richmond County School System must complete a criminal history background check - no exceptions.
Contact must be made with Mrs. Douglas for specific details, but the process for Volunteer prospects consists of five steps:
- Take the online "Mandated Reporter" class & print out your certificate. If you don't have a printer, you can log into your account at the school to print your certificate, or email it to Mrs. Douglas at email@example.com.
- *This course must be completed BEFORE your training at the school and you must have your certificate.
- The link is: Mandated Reporter Training Info & Link
- Undergo the "Volunteer Training Class" at the school where you wish to volunteer.
- View the Volunteer Guidelines to the left to determine which level you would like to volunteer: Level 1, 2 or 3. Fill out the GCIC Inquiry form for the criminal background check & the Statement of Confidentiality with the volunteer trainer during the Volunteer Training Class.
Prospective volunteers should be advised The GCIC Inquiry and Fingerprint processing time can be 7-10 business days.
- Your completed packet is then sent to the Parent & Family Engagement Specialist, Sonia D. England, who then forwards the forms to the Department of School Safety for the criminal background check.
- Upon approval, our Volunteer Coordinator Mrs. Douglas receives an email of your clearance.
- Mrs. Douglas will notify you, the applicant, of your clearance status.
- Mrs. Douglas will distribute your Volunteer ID cards.
The Parent & Family Engagement Specialist - Sonia England (firstname.lastname@example.org).
"Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless, but because they are priceless."
For further information, contact Mrs. Douglas.
(706) 737-7317 ext. 4662