Hello Parents, Guardians, Caretakers and Everyone in Between!
My name is Ms. Kiara Williams and I am the school counselor at Hephzibah Elementary for Pre-K through 5th grade. I am more than excited to serve in helping our students achieve and strive for greatness. It is important that I highlight what I do, and why your student(s) may want to come see and talk with me. A school counselor is someone who assists in helping students in three main areas: Academic, Socio-Emotional, and Career Development. These areas can look many different ways so here's an example of some topics I can help with:
- Talking about feelings
- Things going on at home
- Things happening in class
- Problems with friends
- Any type of loss or grief
- Good news
Along with these things, I:
- Conduct classroom guidance lessons based on needs in the school or referrals from teachers/administrators
- Collaborate with parents/teachers/administration
- Conduct small group counseling
- Conduct individual counseling
- Make referrals to outside agencies
- Assist with crisis intervention
I am able to be reached at (706)592-4561 ext. 3414, or email at WilliKi@BOE.Richmond.K12.ga.us. Your student will also be able to reach me in the building through their teacher, or virtually by filling out this form to meet via Zoom. I can't wait to see what this school year brings, and getting to know all of my students. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions you may have!
Ms. Kiara Williams, M.Ed.
Hephzibah Elementary School Counselor PK-5
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme World School
Phone: 706-592-4561 ext. 3414