Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Virginia Horak
Hi! My name is Virginia Horak and I am privileged to be your child’s language arts and social studies teacher this year. This will be an exciting and productive year! I have been teaching for many years and I love it! I am an avid reader and have done a lot of traveling – partly as a former “army brat”. I plan on sharing my love of reading and interest in social studies with your child this year. I enjoy getting to know my students and help them learn and grow day-by-day. I am also looking forward to being partners together in your child’s educational journey.
I want you and your student to know that my major goals this year are that all students in my class will:
- Become prolific readers who improve their Lexile reading level score by 200 points.
- Learn to work cooperatively in groups and sometimes take a leadership role.
- Speak in front of groups with confidence and style.
- Formulate written text that is supported by facts and details.
- Understand the role of individuals in society, the economy and government.
- Understand the causes and effects of major conflicts and movements in 20th century America.
I will use the ClassDojo application to send families periodic updates about the learning (and fun) going in our classroom. If you download the app, you should be able to find our class. If you have any trouble, send me an email and I will make sure you get a personalized class code.
Please feel free to let me contact me any time you have questions or concerns.