2019/2020 Science Fair Information:
Areas of science that can be used for topic
- Physical Science, Life Science, Earth and Space Science
- Follow the Student Guide and Project Timeline
- Students will do a POWERPOINT for class presentation (they will not need a tri-board unless they are presenting for schoolwide science fair)
- Most important thing to purchase now
- A composition book (not spiral) for research
- EVERYTHING goes in log book, from title and hypothesis to bibliography
- Questions or concerns
- Email me AFTER you read the packet
The students will present their Science Fair projects on their chosen date. This will count as the student's nine week project grade.
The students will need to have the following things on their presntation day:
1.) PowerPoint (The easiest way is to complete this in One Drive or Office 365 their school account and share the completed version with me) (This will replace the presentation board. All of the parts for the board listed in the Science Fair Student Guide should be included)
2.) Science Fair notebook
3.) Research Paper- The pages needed and a description of what belongs on each one are listed on my website in the Science Fair Student Guide section.
The students will receive points for the presentation also.
Important things to include:
- Summarize your conclusion in a few sentences.
- State your final result in 1-2 sentences.
- Re-state your hypothesis. Then state if your results supported or contradicted your hypothesis.
- Summarize your procedure in 1-2 sentences. Reflect on the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of your procedure.
- Suggest changes to your procedure or something interesting to study in the future.